Fire is everybody’s fight. Help us prevent and control wildfires.
BECOME A MEMBER
Once you’ve filled in the forms, please return them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 585 2348. Once we’ve received the forms, we’ll send you an invoice for the membership fees.
Please fill in separate forms for farms/properties far apart or managed separately.
When are two farms/properties one member?
Farm portions with the same land manager/owner/lessee and trading under the same name are recognised as one member and therefore pay one collective fee.
Why join the goFPA?
Joining the goFPA is completely voluntary. We’re here to help you, as a landowner, to be ready and prepared for fire season.
And during fire season, it’s our job to help you should you be hit by a wildfire.
How do we help?
- We assist you to become legally compliant, as per national regulations;
- goFPA members are immediately considered not negligent should civil proceedings follow a veld fire that started on or spread from your property;
- Insurance companies will automatically support goFPA members, and in some cases are required to actively participate to help members;
- We give training in firefighting, fire management and fire prevention;
- If you are seeking accreditation from IPW, GLOBALGAP and HACCP, you need to be a goFPA member.
What are the fees?
- There’s a small once-off joining fee.
- And there’s an annual fee, determined by the size of the property.
Click here to see the 2017/2018 goFPA fee structure.
How do you know if you’re a goFPA member?
- An application form has been submitted
- Membership will be activated only when full annual membership fees have been paid.
- Statement confirming fees have been paid acted as proof of membership.
What’s your responsibility as a member?
- Please make sure we’ve got your latest contact details. These will prove vital if there’s a fire.
- We need your farm portion numbers, for accurate mapping purposes.
- We need your correct details for invoicing – including company/owner name, postal address, property size and your VAT number.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS
Click on the document name to download:
- Rules Checklist
- Request for Aerial Assistance MOU
- Firebreak Agreement (English)
- Brandbaan Ooreenkoms (Afrikaans)
- Community Fire Safety By-law
- goFPA Constitution Nov 2017
- goFPA Rules: FPA, FDI, Fire Breaks, Equipment
- National Veld and Forest Fire Act (Act 101 of 1998)
- Disaster Management Act (Act 16 of 2015)
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
Fire investigation help is now available to members of the Greater Overberg Fire Protection Association (#goFPA). A team of investigators can help landowners to determine how a veldfire started by collecting factual data on the causes of wildfires/veldfires in the Overberg.
The Overberg (Overberg District Municipality and Overstrand Local Municipality) is preparing for a challenging fire season. Due to the dry conditions across many parts of the region, fire-fighting teams are on high alert. The fire season officially started in November.
The Overberg region has been hard hit by three major fires in the past week. Two are still burning, with teams still fighting to suppress both fires. The fire on the Denel Overberg Test Range started on Friday 24 February. The fire was ignited following standard missile testing …
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Help us to prevent wildfires. Make a donation, and watch how your money helps to prevent and suppress wildfires in the Overberg.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.