SUPPORT the #firefighters battling the Overberg Fires
BECOME A MEMBER
Once you’ve filled in the forms, please return them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 585 2348. Once we’ve received the forms, we’ll send you an invoice for the membership fees.
Please fill in separate forms for farms/properties far apart or managed separately.
When are two farms/properties one member?
Farm portions with the same land manager/owner/lessee and trading under the same name are recognised as one member and therefore pay one collective fee.
Why join the goFPA?
Joining the goFPA is completely voluntary. We’re here to help you, as a landowner, to be ready and prepared for fire season.
And during fire season, it’s our job to help you should you be hit by a wildfire.
How do we help?
- We assist you to become legally compliant, as per national regulations;
- goFPA members are immediately considered not negligent should civil proceedings follow a veld fire that started on or spread from your property;
- Insurance companies will automatically support goFPA members, and in some cases are required to actively participate to help members;
- We give training in firefighting, fire management and fire prevention;
- If you are seeking accreditation from IPW, GLOBALGAP and HACCP, you need to be a goFPA member.
What are the fees?
- There’s a small once-off joining fee.
- And there’s an annual fee, determined by the size of the property.
Click here to see the 2023/2024 goFPA fee structure.
How do you know if you’re a goFPA member?
- An application form has been submitted
- Membership will be activated only when full annual membership fees have been paid.
- Statement confirming fees have been paid acted as proof of membership.
What’s your responsibility as a member?
- Please make sure we’ve got your latest contact details. These will prove vital if there’s a fire.
- We need your farm portion numbers, for accurate mapping purposes.
- We need your correct details for invoicing – including company/owner name, postal address, property size and your VAT number.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS
Click on the document name to download:
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
As a landowner, do you want to protect your infrastructure and cultivated lands, mitigate veldfire risks and wildfire spread from your property, and protect and restore the environment? Then we can help. Invasive alien clearing can …
Fire season officially starts on 1 December 2021. This is the time when everyone should be hyper vigilant to the dangers of wildfires. According to Louise Wessels, Manager of the Greater Overberg Fire Protection Association (goFPA),
Overberg grain farmers face huge potential economic losses should a wildfire pass through their farm before their grain is harvested. Fires on grainlands burn notoriously quickly and, given the way they burn, they can create several lines that can trap those