SUPPORT the #firefighters battling the Overberg Fires
BECOME A MEMBER
Once you’ve filled in the forms, please return them to email@example.com or fax to 086 585 2348. Once we’ve received the forms, we’ll send you an invoice for the membership fees.
Please fill in separate forms for farms/properties far apart or managed separately.
When are two farms/properties one member?
Farm portions with the same land manager/owner/lessee and trading under the same name are recognised as one member and therefore pay one collective fee.
Why join the goFPA?
Joining the goFPA is completely voluntary. We’re here to help you, as a landowner, to be ready and prepared for fire season.
And during fire season, it’s our job to help you should you be hit by a wildfire.
How do we help?
- We assist you to become legally compliant, as per national regulations;
- goFPA members are immediately considered not negligent should civil proceedings follow a veld fire that started on or spread from your property;
- Insurance companies will automatically support goFPA members, and in some cases are required to actively participate to help members;
- We give training in firefighting, fire management and fire prevention;
- If you are seeking accreditation from IPW, GLOBALGAP and HACCP, you need to be a goFPA member.
What are the fees?
- There’s a small once-off joining fee.
- And there’s an annual fee, determined by the size of the property.
Click here to see the 2019/2020 goFPA fee structure.
How do you know if you’re a goFPA member?
- An application form has been submitted
- Membership will be activated only when full annual membership fees have been paid.
- Statement confirming fees have been paid acted as proof of membership.
What’s your responsibility as a member?
- Please make sure we’ve got your latest contact details. These will prove vital if there’s a fire.
- We need your farm portion numbers, for accurate mapping purposes.
- We need your correct details for invoicing – including company/owner name, postal address, property size and your VAT number.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS
Click on the document name to download:
- Rules Checklist
- Request for Aerial Assistance Form
- Firebreak Agreement (English)
- Brandbaan Ooreenkoms (Afrikaans)
- Community Fire Safety By-law
- goFPA Constitution
- goFPA Rules: FPA, FDI, Fire Breaks, Equipment
- National Veld and Forest Fire Act (Act 101 of 1998)
- Disaster Management Act (Act 16 of 2015)
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
Fire investigators have been able to identify alleged fire-starters – both human and other – during the past fire season. The team from Enviro Wildfire Services has investigated most fires in the Overberg between October 2018 and May 2019. Thanks to their information
The goFPA is looking to employ a Project Coordinator, to help support our integrated fire management efforts. The deadline to apply is 26 August. Job description – Position: Project Coordinator. Business function: Integrated Fire Management. Term: Permanent
The 2018/19 fire season has become known as one of the most overwhelming in the history of the Overberg. While more than 30 wildfires burned during the season, 20 of these were very damaging and very costly. Many of these fires also affected more than one...
SUPPORT #FIREFIGHTERS BATTLING
THE OVERBERG FIRES NOW.
All funds raised will SUPPORT fire-fighters battling the overwhelming Overberg fires. ALL monies raised will be: – used for making the fire lines more bearable, including; – cellphone airtime to talk to their families at home; – foodstuff like ice to keep their drinks cold, that warm meal to supplement their ration packs, and any other essentials. goFPA is a registered PBO.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.