SUPPORT the #firefighters battling the Overberg Fires
The aims of the goFPA are to:
- Ensure that all members comply with the legal requirements of the National Veld and Forest Fire Act.
- Encourage integrated fire management for private landowners and public entities.
- Prevent and control wildfires.
- Manage wildfires in natural areas in order to maintain diversity of species and ecosystems.
- Manage wildfire hazards so as to minimise the risk and any adverse consequences.
We provide an integrated community fire management service to members of the Association.
- Develop and implement a Veldfire Management Strategy for the area;
- Assist members to meet their responsibilities according to the Act, our constitution and our rules;
- Improve the knowledge base to help land users implement integrated fire management strategies;
- Improve awareness on integrated fire management and prevention and empower local communities to become more aware of the risks of fire;
- Reduce fire risk associated with the occurrence of wildfires by devising integrated fire management plans;
- Assist members with managing any incidents of wildfire as appropriate;
- Represent landowners at local and provincial forums for veldfire management and report back to landowners on decisions that may impact them.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
During a high-stress situation, such as a wildfire closing in on your home, panicked pets rarely do what you want them to do. That’s why you should prepare for this eventuality BEFORE it becomes a reality. Bredasdorp Animal Hospital’s Dr Hensie Lategan
At EVERY fire you participate in fighting, PLEASE bear this acronym in mind: LCES. It’ll help you to stay safe. It’s one of the most important defence strategies against an unpredictable wildfire. LCES must be updated and amended, as the fire’s behaviour and movements change. Stay on top of
Daniel de Kock is the new Divisional Commander in the Swellendam district for Overberg Fire & Rescue. Daniel joins the Overberg team from Breede Valley Fire and Rescue in Worcester. Working as a fire-fighter isn’t simply a job for Daniel: it’s a dream come true, as he chose this
SUPPORT #FIREFIGHTERS BATTLING
THE OVERBERG FIRES.
All funds raised will SUPPORT fire-fighters battling the overwhelming Overberg fires. ALL monies raised will be: – used for making the fire lines more bearable, including; – cellphone airtime to talk to their families at home; – foodstuff like ice to keep their drinks cold, that warm meal to supplement their ration packs, and any other essentials. goFPA is a registered PBO.
You can get involved by providing goods to energise our fire-fighters. Here’s a list of non-perishable items you can drop off – that help sustain our fire-fighters working hard to protect our homes and nature
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
reduction | readiness | response | recovery