Fire is everybody’s fight. Help us prevent and control wildfires.
The aims of the goFPA are to:
- Ensure that all members comply with the legal requirements of the National Veld and Forest Fire Act.
- Encourage integrated fire management for private landowners and public entities.
- Prevent and control wildfires.
- Manage wildfires in natural areas in order to maintain diversity of species and ecosystems.
- Manage wildfire hazards so as to minimise the risk and any adverse consequences.
We provide an integrated community fire management service to members of the Association.
- Develop and implement a Veldfire Management Strategy for the area;
- Assist members to meet their responsibilities according to the Act, our constitution and our rules;
- Improve the knowledge base to help land users implement integrated fire management strategies;
- Improve awareness on integrated fire management and prevention and empower local communities to become more aware of the risks of fire;
- Reduce fire risk associated with the occurrence of wildfires by devising integrated fire management plans;
- Assist members with managing any incidents of wildfire as appropriate;
- Represent landowners at local and provincial forums for veldfire management and report back to landowners on decisions that may impact them.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
Fire investigation help is now available to members of the Greater Overberg Fire Protection Association (#goFPA). A team of investigators can help landowners to determine how a veldfire started by collecting factual data on the causes of wildfires/veldfires in the Overberg.
The Overberg (Overberg District Municipality and Overstrand Local Municipality) is preparing for a challenging fire season. Due to the dry conditions across many parts of the region, fire-fighting teams are on high alert. The fire season officially started in November.
The Overberg region has been hard hit by three major fires in the past week. Two are still burning, with teams still fighting to suppress both fires. The fire on the Denel Overberg Test Range started on Friday 24 February. The fire was ignited following standard missile testing …
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Help us to prevent wildfires. Make a donation, and watch how your money helps to prevent and suppress wildfires in the Overberg.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.