SUPPORT the #firefighters battling the Overberg Fires
The aims of the goFPA are to:
- Ensure that all members comply with the legal requirements of the National Veld and Forest Fire Act.
- Encourage integrated fire management for private landowners and public entities.
- Prevent and control wildfires.
- Manage wildfires in natural areas in order to maintain diversity of species and ecosystems.
- Manage wildfire hazards so as to minimise the risk and any adverse consequences.
We provide an integrated community fire management service to members of the Association.
- Develop and implement a Veldfire Management Strategy for the area;
- Assist members to meet their responsibilities according to the Act, our constitution and our rules;
- Improve the knowledge base to help land users implement integrated fire management strategies;
- Improve awareness on integrated fire management and prevention and empower local communities to become more aware of the risks of fire;
- Reduce fire risk associated with the occurrence of wildfires by devising integrated fire management plans;
- Assist members with managing any incidents of wildfire as appropriate;
- Represent landowners at local and provincial forums for veldfire management and report back to landowners on decisions that may impact them.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
During a high-stress situation, such as a wildfire closing in on your home, panicked pets rarely do what you want them to do. That’s why you should prepare for this eventuality BEFORE it becomes a reality. Bredasdorp Animal Hospital’s Dr Hensie Lategan
What can you do to make your home as safe as possible against a potential wildfire? Home owners have learnt valuable lessons from the 2017 Knysna fires. And these lessons are now guiding fire management in South Africa. As a home owner
This is surely one of the most difficult and stressful events in a person’s life: It’s time to evacuate your home, as a wildfire moves closer. This is a time of great stress – and mistakes can be made as a result. According to the Overstrand Municipality’s Fire Chief, Lester Smith, in an event like this
SUPPORT #FIREFIGHTERS BATTLING
THE OVERBERG FIRES.
All funds raised will SUPPORT fire-fighters battling the overwhelming Overberg fires. ALL monies raised will be: – used for making the fire lines more bearable, including; – cellphone airtime to talk to their families at home; – foodstuff like ice to keep their drinks cold, that warm meal to supplement their ration packs, and any other essentials. goFPA is a registered PBO.
You can get involved by providing goods to energise our fire-fighters. Here’s a list of non-perishable items you can drop off – that help sustain our fire-fighters working hard to protect our homes and nature
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
reduction | readiness | response | recovery