SUPPORT the #firefighters battling the Overberg Fires
The goFPA team has compiled a list of qualified contractors and other experts to help landowners with essential fire management services.
So we have teams to help make firebreaks, reduce fuel loads and clear invasive alien vegetation.
If you need support with a controlled burn, training, fire investigations and firefighting standby at festivals and events
Contractor: ENVIRO Wildfire Services
“To facilitate Integrated Wildfire Management programmes and projects for the benefit of the environment and humanity”
Enviro Wildfire Services offers a range of services to landowners, organisations and others, including:
- Veldfire training courses
- They provide First Aid training courses
- You can buy fire-fighting equipment from them
- They roll out awareness-raising campaigns among schools and community groups
- They provide fire prevention for events
- They offer fire-fighting services
- They help with prescribed and stack burning
- They can assist with fire management plans
- They investigate the origins of veld fires
- They can help with clearing of alien vegetation
- They help with the cutting of fire breaks
If you need integrated fire management support – including additional training, and rehabilitation after a fire
Contractor: Vulcan Wildfire Management
Services offered by Vulcan:
Identification & Analysis of Risk:
Creating fire adaptive communities through property risk assessment and analysis of steps to mitigate any hazards or potential threat.
Fire management plans. Property mitigation measures; prescribed burning, stack burning, fuel reduction, fire breaks.
Training & Development Programs:
Wildfire awareness and education initiatives, youth and volunteer development programs, specialised wildfire training, training in Wildfire Suppression Techniques, Fireline Safety and Incident Command System.
Strategic Planning Assistance:
Pre-emptive wildfire operational plans, intelligence gathering.
If you need environmental-, biodiversity- and training support
Contractor: NCC Environmental Services
Services offered by NCC Environmental Services include:
- Environmental management: Audit and advisory services, providing value added assurance and risk mitigation solutions.
- Biodiversity Conservation: Support to biodiversity conservation managers and conservation minded private landowners. Their operational services are strongly focused on building capacity. They also provide strategic and planning advice, project development, project management, facilitation, research and spatial mapping services across a range of projects.
- Training: With a team of experienced practitioners, NCC Environmental Services delivers customised occupationally directed training and development solutions that support the capacity of organisations to deliver their environmental mandate.
Services offered by RAEnvironmental:
- Fire Management Planning and on-site staff training: We offer a fire management planning service which covers every natural resource facet, and draw up and apply project management plans to achieve the overall plan. On site Fire reaction staff training limits risk and can prevent loss of infrastructure and produce. This training need not go hand in hand with management plans, but some idea of how the natural vegetation must be managed is preferable.
- Fire risk assessments and solutions: Fire risk increases with climate change and warming. Natural areas never before burnt are now burning and buildings thought once to be safe from wild fires have burnt to the ground. RAEnvironmental offers a comprehensive fire risk assessment on natural veld and farm buildings with suggestions to limit risk.
- Post fire veld rehabilitation: Generally in the fynbos alien vegetation is a huge problem and very few areas get away with no alien vegetation regeneration after a wild fire. We specialize not only in alien vegetation control but also in the management of the nature veld to achieve a sustainable ecological system.
Services offered by EcoFarms include:
- Assessing risks and drafting fire management plans (risk reduction and response strategies) for individual landowners and collectively for groups of landowners within the same fire management unit.
- Integrated wildfire and alien management plans.
- Alien clearing planning and managing the implementation of clearing initiatives.
- Firebreak planning and managing the implementation of clearing and maintenance activities.
- Fuel reduction strategies and managing the implementation of reduction initiatives (ecological burns, stack burns, chipping for mulch, burn permit applications)
- Training of on-farm firefighting teams.
- Advice on firefighting equipment, legal obligations and insurance cover.
SUPPORT #FIREFIGHTERS BATTLING
THE OVERBERG FIRES NOW.
All funds raised will SUPPORT fire-fighters battling the overwhelming Overberg fires. ALL monies raised will be: – used for making the fire lines more bearable, including; – cellphone airtime to talk to their families at home; – foodstuff like ice to keep their drinks cold, that warm meal to supplement their ration packs, and any other essentials. goFPA is a registered PBO.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.