SUPPORT the fire-fighters battling the #VDStelsPass Fire
WHAT WE DO
As the goFPA, we’re here to help you, as a landowner, to be ready and prepared for fire season.
During fire season, it’s our job to help you should you experience a wildfire.
HOW DO WE HELP?
Integrated Fire Management Planning
- We help you to become legally compliant, as per national regulations
- We identify high risk areas and help with risk reduction
- We support Fire Management Plans
- We facilitate fire break planning for communal areas and strategic fire breaks
- We offer advice on compliance with the law (National Veld and Forest Fire Act)
- We help map members
- We offer advice on Integrated Fire Management (including fire breaks, fuel reduction, equipment needed, etc.)
- We organise training courses (including courses on Basic Fire Suppression, Controlled Burning, Infield Simulation and more)
- We provide a daily Fire Danger Index forecast during the fire season
- We watch the Advanced Fire Information System (AFIS), which provides early fire detection warning.
- We support awareness: Media, Social Media and general public
- We facilitate Fire Management Unit preparedness
- We support stakeholder engagement (including with the Fire Brigade, Eskom, Farmers’ Associations, Working on Fire, Municipalities, MTO Forestry, Transnet, CapeNature, SANParks, FynbosFire, NGOs, national government departments, donors, conservancies, landscape initiatives like the Agulhas Biodiversity Initiative, and more.)
And then, when it’s burning
We provide coordination, resource procurement and critical information to decision makers to ensure effective and efficient fire fighting efforts.
The goFPA does not
- Provide a firefighting service;
- Fulfil the role of the fire brigade services;
- Receive any income from the collection of rates levied by municipalities. Neither do we pay over any funds towards municipalities;
- Get involved in structural firefighting or related issues;
- Enforce membership to the organisation. Membership is voluntary other than for state organisations that own land or manage land, for which membership is compulsory.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD
The Overberg should prepare for a challenging fire season ahead, according to the Overberg District Municipality’s Executive Mayor, Andries Franken. He was speaking at the official launch of the 2018/19 fire season in Bredasdorp on Wednesday 5 December 2018. The event...
The 2018/19 fire season in the Western Cape could become one of the worst in living memory. That’s according to Anton Bredell, the MEC of local government, environmental affairs and development planning, at the official launch of the fire season …
The fire season in the Western Cape officially launched on Wednesday 28 November. The launch took place at a Wildfire Ready Convention, held at Lourensford Wine Estate. The Western Cape Umbrella Fire Protection
SUPPORT FIRE-FIGHTERS BATTLING
THE VAN DER STEL’S PASS FIRE NOW.
All funds raised will SUPPORT fire-fighters right now battling the devastating Van der Stel’s Pass fire. ALL monies raised will be: - used for fire-fighting essentials, including food and nutrition where needed; - equipment such as radios to improve communication; - cellphone airtime to improve communication where radios can’t help; - and any other essentials.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO HELP OUR FIRE-FIGHTERS:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.