Fire is everybody’s fight. Help us prevent and control wildfires.
CONTRACT FIREFIGHTING SERVICES
The goFPA team has compiled a list of qualified contractors and other experts to help landowners with essential fire management services.
So we have teams to help make firebreaks, reduce fuel loads and clear invasive alien vegetation.
Aerial and ground support
If you need aerial resources at a fire, including choppers, bombers and spotter planes, and if you need support from ground teams at a wildfire or controlled burn:
Contractor: Working on Fire
- You’ll need to sign an MOU with Working on Fire, committing to pay the costs involved (the form includes rates).
- Download the latest form here: Sign and submit it to WoF before requesting firefighting assistance (you can submit the form to the FPA in advance for the entire fire season. The FPA will submit the form to WoF on request by the landowner.)
- When will landowners need the MOU? Private requests for aerial assistance (not through Overberg Fire & Rescue) or requests for extended aerial assistance (beyond what Overberg Fire & Rescue can provide).
- Aerial assistance is subject to resource availability and safe flying conditions.
Kishugu – Working on Fire
- Supplier for Aerial Firefighting Resources to the Western Cape Provincial Disaster Management Centre and Overberg and Overstrand Fire & Rescue.
- Contract holder for EPWP teams (Working on Fire ground teams) that are provided to government and private partners (eg. CapeNature, Municipalities, SANParks, FPAs, Forestry Companies)
If you need support with a controlled burn, training, fire investigations and firefighting standby at festivals and events
Contractor: ENVIRO Wildfire Services
“To facilitate Integrated Wildfire Management programmes and projects for the benefit of the environment and humanity”
Enviro Wildfire Services offers a range of services to landowners, organisations and others, including:
- Veldfire training courses
- They provide First Aid training courses
- You can buy fire-fighting equipment from them
- They roll out awareness-raising campaigns among schools and community groups
- They provide fire prevention for events
- They offer fire-fighting services
- They help with prescribed and stack burning
- They can assist with fire management plans
- They investigate the origins of veld fires
- They can help with clearing of alien vegetation
- They help with the cutting of fire breaks
If you need integrated fire management support – including additional training, and rehabilitation after a fire
Contractor: Vulcan Wildfire Management
Services offered by Vulcan:
Identification & Analysis of Risk:
Creating fire adaptive communities through property risk assessment and analysis of steps to mitigate any hazards or potential threat.
Fire management plans. Property mitigation measures; prescribed burning, stack burning, fuel reduction, fire breaks.
Training & Development Programs:
Wildfire awareness and education initiatives, youth and volunteer development programs,specialised wildfire training (such as rappel capabilities).
Strategic Planning Assistance:
Pre-emptive wildfire operational plans, intelligence gathering.
Effective Wildfire Response:
An elite firefighting crew specialising in initial attack and complex operations. A self sufficient, dedicated and motivated Type 1+ crew option for Incident Commanders.
Rehabilitation of paths and fences, stability of habitat vulnerable to erosion, reduction of alien infestation, felling of dangerous trees.
If you need help fighting wildfire
Contractor: Volunteer Wildfire Services (VWS)
Services offered by VWS:
- Wildfire suppression services
- Wildfire suppression and management training
- Education and awareness programmes
- Monitoring and active suppression during prescribed ecological burns
If you need environmental-, biodiversity- and training support
Contractor: NCC Environmental Services
Services offered by NCC Environmental Services include:
- Environmental management: Audit and advisory services, providing value added assurance and risk mitigation solutions.
- Biodiversity Conservation: Support to biodiversity conservation managers and conservation minded private landowners. Their operational services are strongly focused on building capacity. They also provide strategic and planning advice, project development, project management, facilitation, research and spatial mapping services across a range of projects.
- Training: With a team of experienced practitioners, NCC Environmental Services delivers customised occupationally directed training and development solutions that support the capacity of organisations to deliver their environmental mandate.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Help us to prevent wildfires. Make a donation, and watch how your money helps to prevent and suppress wildfires in the Overberg.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayFast system.
HOW TO DONATE:
Donations are made through the secure PayPal system.